We all love coffee but what about a coffee cocktail, I mean that is just music to our mouth! Here are 5 coffee cocktails we are loving right now.
1. Sweet and Tangy Coffee & Whisky
- 6 oz. Coffee
- 1.5 oz. (3 tablespoons) Honey
- 3/4 oz. (1.5 tablespoons) Lemon juice
- 1 oz. Irish Whiskey
Directions | Serves 4
1. Weigh out 55 grams of ground coffee, and 30 oz. (or 6 coffee maker cups) filtered water.
2. Put coffee in brew basket of Auto Drip Coffee maker, and add in water. Let coffee maker fully brew.
3. Pour 6 oz. of coffee into one mug. Add in lemon juice, honey, and whiskey, stir. Repeat for the other 3 servings.
4. Garnish with a lemon wedge and enjoy!
2. Orange Whisky Twist Coffee Cocktail
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
4 oz. strong cold-brew coffee
4 oz. fernet (preferably Contratto)
3 oz. amaro (preferably Barolo Chinato)
3 oz. Compass Box Whisky Co. Orangerie or Grand Marnier
4 orange twists (for serving)
- Combine sugar and 1 Tbsp. hot water in a jar, cover, and shake until sugar is dissolved. Chill until cold.
For each cocktail, combine 1 oz. coffee, 1 oz. fernet, ¾ oz. amaro, ¾ oz. Scotch, and ¼ oz. demerara simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Fill shaker with ice and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is frosty, about 30 seconds. Strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
3. Espresso Martini
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounce coffee liqueur (Kahlua)
- 1/4 ounce crème de cacao (white)
- 1 ounce espresso (cold)
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the vodka, coffee liqueur, crème de cacao, and espresso.
2 oz. sweet vermouth, preferably Italian
1½ oz. amaro (preferably Averna)
1½ oz. strong cold-brew coffee
1 oz. simple syrup
Orange wheel (for serving)
- Mix vermouth, amaro, coffee, and simple syrup in a tumbler. Add ice to fill and top off with club soda. Garnish with orange wheel.
5. Cold Brew Negroni
- 1 1/2 oz. cold-brew concentrate (check out our cold brew coffee article to make the perfect cold brew)
- 1 oz. Campari
- 1 oz. sweet vermouth
- Orange peel
- Stir ingredients together in a mixing glass with ice. Strain into a rock glass with fresh ice cubes. Express orange peel over cocktail and rest as garnish on top of the drink.